Road Trip Alberta (RTA) started in fall 2019 and has since grown to become the #1 travel resource site entirely dedicated to Alberta. RTA not only focuses on road trips throughout the province, but also offers extensive guides on things to do, where to eat, and what to see at all the stops in between.
The site was founded by locals Dalene and Pete Heck, acclaimed explorers and travel content creators who have earned such prestigious awards as National Geographic Travelers of the Year, W3 “Best in Show” for a travel social media campaign, and a BlogHer “Voice of the Year” (twice). Most recently, RTA won a bronze medal for Best Independent Travel Blog by the North American Travel Journalist’s Association.
RTA is open to working with Alberta-based tourism businesses (accommodations, restaurants, event organizers, tour operators, DMOs, and more) to feature and promote the best of this beautiful province.
“We had people come all the way from Edmonton to see the light show. They said they saw it mentioned on Road Trip Alberta and I learned two things: Road Trip Alberta has a heck of a lot of reach, and Albertans are just crazy about Christmas lights.”
~ Jon Tupper, The Tupper Family Light Show in Fort McMurray
Who Reads RTA?
Since the inception of this blog, over 900,000 unique readers have visited and read over 1,300,000 pages (current as of Apr 15, 2022). Not bad for a travel blog in a pandemic!
Of those readers:
- 91% are Canadian and 5% are American.
- 70% of the Canadians are from Alberta, 13% are from Ontario, and 8% from British Columbia.
- The average time on page is over 4 1/2 minutes.
- 85% found RTA via Google, 7% via social media, and 7% came directly to the site. RTA ranks for over 7,000 keywords and is #1 for over 100 keywords with Google.
- 5,500+ have subscribed to RTA’s twice-monthly newsletter.
- Travelers have booked over 2,000 hotel nights via links on RTA.
Social Media Stats (as of Apr 15, 2022)
The focus for RTA has largely been on creating SEO blog content that will rank high on Google. However, we also enjoy conversations with readers on social media and have been posting regularly on both Facebook and Instagram.
- 7,900+ Facebook followers.
- 1,400+ Instagram followers.
- 34,600 accounts follow the founder on Twitter (where articles are also regularly shared).
How Can We Work Together?
If you are struggling to get to the front page of Google with your marketing messages, we can get you there on RTA. We have several options of how we can work together, but if you have an idea that goes beyond any of the below, please feel free to get in touch!
- Secure a mention of your business in a current, relevant blog post: $350/mention/year
- Publishing of a new blog post, solely dedicated to your business or campaign: $1,500 (written by us) or $1,000 (written by you, with guidance and editing by us). The article (and links) are permanently on our website, and this option includes promotion on our social media channels as well.
RTA Social Media Channels
- Posts dedicated to your business and campaign on both Facebook and Instagram: $250. Photos and captions to be provided by you, but must meet RTA standards and approval.
Note that the newsletter runs twice monthly and space for the below opportunities is limited.
- A mention of your business or campaign in one newsletter: $200.
- Placement of a full-width banner within (basically, a newsletter “sponsor”): $400 per issue. Multiple issue discounts are available.
Participation in a Contest Run by RTA
There are two ways to get involved:
- For the cost of your prize and a $100 administration fee, you will receive promotion on the RTA blog (non-permanent), social channels, and in the newsletter.
- In addition to providing a prize, you can also be a factor in the contest (i.e. you may receive email addresses obtained by the contest). Options and pricing to be discussed.
- We have already run two contests; contact us for case studies.
- Want a member of the RTA team to visit your business/destination for “live” coverage? Or are you also in need of professional assets (photos and video) for your organization? Talk to us about details so that we can prepare a quote.
- We have very good relationships with many top bloggers and influencers in the travel space. Talk to us about the potential to get your organization mentioned in other spaces (example).
- The RTA founders are sought-after speakers on the topics of travel, content creation, social media, influencer marketing, and more. They have spoken at Canada Media Marketplace, TravelCon, Travel Alberta Tourism Works, Tourism Kamloops Summit, Rocky Mountain Social Summit, and many more. Inquire about topics and fees for your next event.
Ready to Start a Conversation About How RTA Can Get Visitors to YOUR Destination or Business?
We can take you even further.
Our parent company, HMI Marketing, specializes in social media, influencer, and exclusive content marketing campaigns. We have worked with destinations and brands large and small (including many in Alberta) and would be pleased to have a no-obligation conversation with you on how to take your own digital marketing to the next level. Contact us today!