Road Trip Alberta (RTA) started in the fall of 2019 and quickly grew to become the #1 travel resource site entirely dedicated to Alberta. RTA not only focuses on road trips throughout the province, but also offers extensive guides on things to do, where to eat, and what to see at all the stops in between.
The site was founded by locals Dalene and Pete Heck, acclaimed explorers and travel content creators who have earned such prestigious awards as National Geographic Travelers of the Year, W3 “Best in Show” for a travel social media campaign, and a BlogHer “Voice of the Year” (twice). Most recently, RTA won a bronze medal for Best Independent Travel Blog by the North American Travel Journalist’s Association.
RTA is open to working with Alberta-based tourism businesses (accommodations, restaurants, event organizers, tour operators, DMOs, and more) to feature and promote the best of this beautiful province.
“We had people come all the way from Edmonton to see the light show. They said they saw it mentioned on Road Trip Alberta and I learned two things: Road Trip Alberta has a heck of a lot of reach, and Albertans are just crazy about Christmas lights.”
~ Jon Tupper, The Tupper Family Light Show in Fort McMurray
Who Reads RTA?
Since the inception of this blog, over 2 million unique readers have visited and read nearly 3 million pages (current as of May, 2023). For the summer of 2023, we expect to reach over 200,000 readers per month.
Of those readers:
- 82% are Canadian and 11% are American.
- 67% of the Canadians are from Alberta, 14% from British Columbia, and 9% are from Ontario.
- The average time on page is over 5 minutes.
- 93% found RTA via Google, 2% via social media, and 5% came directly to the site. RTA ranks for nearly 10,000 keywords and is #1 for over 170 keywords with Google.
- Nearly 5,500 people are subscribed to RTA’s twice-monthly newsletter.
- Travellers have booked over 3,500 hotel nights via links on RTA.
Social Media Stats (as of May, 2023)
RTA’s focus has primarily been creating SEO blog content that will rank high on Google. However, we also enjoy conversations with readers on social media and have been posting regularly on both Facebook and Instagram.
- 8,500+ Facebook followers.
- 1,600+ Instagram followers.
- 33,000+ accounts follow the founder on Twitter (where articles are also regularly shared).
How Can We Work Together?
If you are struggling to get to the front page of Google with your marketing messages, we can get you there on RTA. We have several options for working together, but if you have an idea that goes beyond any of the below, please feel free to get in touch!
- Secure a mention of your business in a current, relevant blog post: $350/mention/year
- ***MOST POPULAR*** Publishing of a new blog post, solely dedicated to your business or campaign: $1,500. The article (and links) are permanently on our website, and this option includes promotion on our social media channels as well.
RTA Social Media Channels
- Posts dedicated to your business and campaign on both Facebook and Instagram: $250. Photos and captions are to be provided by you but must meet RTA standards and approval.
Note that the newsletter runs twice monthly and space for the below opportunities is limited.
- A mention of your business or campaign in one newsletter: $200.
- Placement of a full-width banner within (basically, a newsletter “sponsor”): $400 per issue. Multiple issue discounts are available.
- We sometimes run contests and are looking for prizes. For the cost of your prize and a $100 administration fee, you will receive promotion on the RTA blog in an upcoming contest (non-permanent), social channels, and in the newsletter. Contact us for case studies from previous contests.
- Want a member of the RTA team to visit your business/destination for “live” coverage? Or do you also need professional assets (photos and video) for your organization? Talk to us about details so that we can prepare a quote.
- We have excellent relationships with many top bloggers and influencers in the travel space. Talk to us about the potential to get your organization mentioned in other spaces (example).
- The RTA founders are sought-after speakers on the topics of travel, content creation, social media, influencer marketing, and more. They have spoken at SocialEast, TravelCon, Travel Alberta Tourism Works, Tourism Kamloops Summit, Rocky Mountain Social Summit, and many more. Inquire about topics and fees for your next event.
Ready to Start a Conversation About How RTA Can Get Visitors to YOUR Destination or Business?
We can take you even further.
Our parent company, HMI Marketing, specializes in social media, influencer, and exclusive content marketing campaigns. We have worked with destinations and brands large and small (including many in Alberta) and would be pleased to have a no-obligation conversation with you on how to take your own digital marketing to the next level. Contact us today!